Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Goal: Slim down, Tone up

"There are NO excuses for your failures!" -- Anthony Robbins.


So, here I am, 36 turning 37 and NOT in the healthiest shape of my life. 2 weeks ago, I hit my 2nd heaviest weigh-in ever... 166 lbs.

Sure, at 5ft, 5.5inches, it may not seem as much but I find myself having a tough time climbing up 2 flights of stairs (80 steps).

I've had a few semi-successful diets where I'd lost about 20lbs in 30 days but during which I would be so moody and depressed. My family made me promise not to ever repeat those diets. I've also had successful diets were I'd be given a super strict meal plan of about 5-6 meals a day; I lost 15 lbs in 28 days.

Why did these "successes" fail? One is a simple case of me not liking the state I was in (moody and depressed all the time) and another is a case of time waste (I spent quite a bit of time preparing food).

I need a diet that is time-efficient and not mood-altering. I need a diet that I can use to adapt to my life-style (tho I could change my life-style too).

So, in comes The 4-Hour Body.

Here's a concept under the 4HB called the Slow-Carb Diet where I basically have to follow 4 rules, 1 of which is to eat anything and everything I want!! WTH!! I get 1 awesome cheat day a week? This peaked my interests enough to speed read the gist of it in a day (I read fast).

Conclusion? I have to try this! Its too easy to be effective yet 2 of my friends have lost tons on this diet.

3 comments:

  1. how come we bought the same thing....the difference is...i haven't even read mine hahahahahhahaa...on kindle, that is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy what I want to read... immediately ^_^

    ReplyDelete